For Senior Adults: We Understand
You’ve had a stroke. A heart attack. An accident.
You’re in a rehab facility; you have no idea how you’ll manage at home.
You can’t remember if it’s the blue pill in the morning and the white pill at night.
Dressing, cooking, shopping, taking the bus—all major challenges now.
Maybe a big event changed everything for you—or maybe a lot of little things did. But they all add up to one reality: If you’re going to live in the home you love, in the neighborhood you know and love, as independently as possible, you need help.
You’ve spent years getting to know your neighborhood—finding the best beauty parlor and the best coffee shop, a place to worship and a doctor you trust. Our goal is the same as yours: to make sure you have the help you need to live there, safely and in good health.
Joining ICS means that a Senior Adult Care Management Team will work with you—and any loved one involved in your care—to identify the health, home care and social services you need to live as independently as possible. With ICS, you will have access to our Specialized Senior Adult Services, developed by our experts in geriatrics, including:
- A nurse to visit you at home at least twice a year to ensure that you remain healthy and safe.
- Help in determining your risk of falling, and exercises to prevent falls by building strength and balance.
- Assistance in taking the right medications at the right times.
- A care manager to make sure you get home from the hospital, nursing home or residential facility as quickly as possible and that once home, you have the services you need.
- Evaluation of your mobility needs so that you have the equipment you need to get around your home, your neighborhood and the community safely.
- Communication with your doctors to be sure they are all talking to each other AND talking to you.
- A nurse on call, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
ICS members receive these specialized services, in addition to the NYS Health Department’s slate of Guaranteed Managed Long-Term Care Services.
As an ICS member, you can still keep your doctor, use your same pharmacy and go to the same hospital.