How to Make a Referral
If you have a client, patient, program participant, friend, or a relative—a mother, father, sibling, grandparent, spouse—who needs help to live as independently as possible, we are here to assist.
You need to provide only basic information to begin the referral process, as long as the person you are referring:
- Has a chronic illness or disability that requires assistance with activities of daily living.
- Needs long-term care services (e.g. home care) for more than 120 days.
- Receives or is eligible for Medicaid.
- Is 18 years or older.
- Lives in Brooklyn, Manhattan, Queens or the Bronx.
- Is able to stay safely at home.
We ask that you give us the name of the person you are referring, his or her address and other contact information, as well as your name, your relationship to the person (relative, friend), your position and organization or practice (if applicable), and your contact information.
Let us know if you would like to talk with us first, or if we can go ahead and contact the person you are referring. If you give us permission to contact the person, we will let you know that we have made the connection with the person you referred.
You can make a referral in any of four easy ways. You can:
- Call us toll free: 1-877-ICS-2525. Intake staff members are available on weekdays, from 9 to 5. If you reach our voicemail, we assure you that we will make contact within 24 hours.
- Email us at our dedicated Referral Address: firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive an automatic acknowledgement of your referral, and an Intake staff person will follow up within two business days.
- Fax your referral to our dedicated Referral Fax Line: 718-907-1682. Follow-up will take place within two business days.
- Complete an Online Referral Form, which you can send back to us online, or print out, complete, and return to us by fax. Again, follow up will take place within two business days.